INTER-DISTRICT PERMIT APPLICATION INFORMATION
For INCOMING Students
INTER DISTRICT PERMITS TERMS & GUIDELINES
*MUST READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE BY CHECKING BOX BELOW BEFORE APPLYING.
- An online application is NOT REQUIRED for school-to-school transfers within the LAUSD.
- No permit is necessary for a student:
- To attend school the residence area of either parent.
- If the student already had a valid permit the previous school year (AB 2444)
*Upon school change, or matriculation, a new permit is required.
- Permits do not carry transportation privileges.
- Parents are expected to ensure student is on time and in school for the full school day every day.
- All permits carry athletic privileges, subject to interscholastic limitations.
- Parents may only request one school in one school district.
- Only one application may be submitted per student per school year.
- Application is officially submitted when a confirmation number is provided.
- Required documentation needed is determined by type of permit requested.
- Parent must upload all required documentation within 30 calendar days.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- If all required documents are not submitted within 30 days of notification, the application will be abandoned and parents may not reapply or appeal. If email or US Mail is not returned to our office, the LAUSD considers the notification delivered.
- Parents may check the status of a submitted permit request at: http://studentpermits.lausd.net.
- Decision will be e-mailed unless no email address is provided.
- No changes will be made to existing permits for the same school year.
- Any parent has the right to appeal a denial. Appeal form along with any supplemental documentation must be postmarked within 14 calendar days from the date of the denial letter.
Permits may be cancelled, revoked, or denied renewal for the following reasons:
- Issued in error
- Falsified information or documentation
- Any change to the permit criteria
- Infractions of school rules and regulations
- Failure to make satisfactory academic progress
- The student is dropped off or picked up is beyond regular school hours including before and after school programs.
- Changes in the Individualized Education Program (IEP), which the LAUSD cannot provide.
I have read and agreed on the above terms and conditions